Pro Skin Preparation For a Perfectly-Looking Makeup
Follow The Tips Below For A Perfect Makeup
Basic Rules For Skin Preparation
How to Handle a Dry Skin
How To Handle An Oily Skin
Recommended fixing spray Lasting Fix Makeup Setting Spray by Maybelline New York
Start With A Clean Slate - Exfoliation
- Enzyme peeling by Revaleskin
- Enzyme peeling mask by Santa Maria Novella
- Daily Microfoliant powder by Dermalogica
Make Friends With Tonic
Advantages of applying tonic:
- Completes the skin cleansing process
- Restores the pH balance
- Prepares the skin for applying a moisturizer
- Refreshes the skin
- A dull complexion, lack of blush, dry skin — all these problems will be solved easily by tonic
After all, Toner is a guide that allows the cream's active ingredients to work more effectively on the skin.
The Right Tonic For A Dry Skin
Recommend products for dry skin:
- Soothing Tonic by La Roche-posay - For Sensitive Skin
- Facial Tonic Vitamin Soothing With Rose Water "Basic Care" by Garnier - For Dry Skin
The Right Tonic For An Oily Skin
Cleansing Lotion With Micro-exfoliation Effect For Oily Skin Perfect Skin Toner by Biotherm - For Oily Skin
Tonic Application - How to Apply it Correctly
Perform each of the following steps in this order to achieve maximum cleanliness:
- Step 1: From the center of the forehead to the temples, one smoothing movement on each side
- Step 2: From the wings of the nose to the ears
- Step 3: From the center of the chin to the ears
- Step 4: From the glabellar space to the tip of the nose
- Step 5: From the bottom up, towards the chin on the neck skin and decollete area
Basic Tips For Quality Hydration
It is also important to choose the right product for your skin type. How to do it right read below.
Moisturizing Oily Skin Before Applying Makeup
- Moisturizing gel-cream oil-free Ultra Facial Oil-Free Gel Cream by Kiehl's
- Multi-skin restorative after exposure to drying agents Effaclar H by La Roche-Posay
Moisturizing Dry Skin Before Applying Makeup
- Nutrix Royal by Lancôme
- Aqualia Thermal Rich by Vichy
How To Apply The Moisturizer
Apply the cream with gentle massage movements until it is completely absorbed and be extra careful around the delicate eye area. Apply lip balm to your lips to moisturize and protect them. Then start applying the makeup as detailed below.
How To Apply A Foundation
The Secret Of A Great Primer
For skin with lumpy areas or wrinkles, a transparent silicone primer is suitable. It will fill in the lines, smooth the surface, and prepare the skin for applying the tone.
Test any silicone-based primers before using them, because some people with sensitive skin have allergic reactions to silicone.
How to Use a Primer Correctly
- Step 1: Apply primer to the center of the face and blend outward. Blend near the hairline carefully.
- Step 2: Apply the primer very gently to your eyelids to keep your eye makeup tidy all day.
- Step 3: Apply a thin layer of primer to your lips to keep the lipstick looking vibrant and not creating fine lines around the mouth.
Proven Primer Products
- Hydrablur primer by Dermalogica - reduces the appearance of surface wrinkles, controls oily shine, creates a matte silky finish, and gives the skin a natural glow
- Eyeshadow Primer Potion by Urban Decay - This eye primer keeps eyeshadow crease-free, color vibrant, and application smooth
- Oil Photo Finish Primer Oil by Smashbox - Ultra-light, fast-absorbing face oil doubles as face primer to prep skin for flawless makeup application. It nourishes and gives skin a radiant look with a dewy finish
How to Choose The Right Foundation
Oily and problematic skin — BB - and CC-creams: even out the face tone, mask imperfections, moisturize.
Dry and normal skin - moisturizing toning emulsions. These products give radiance, moisturize, and nourish.
How to Apply The Foundation Correctly
Use the narrow end of the sponge in the same bouncing motion to blend around the nose or under the eyes.
The Differences Between Corrector And Concealer
- Concealer is lighter in texture. It’s designed to give the skin a glow and hide small imperfections. It can be applied over a foundation. Its palette of colors is limited to natural shades.
- Corrector is a dense material. As such, it masks imperfections well like acne and redness. It needs to be applied before the foundation. Correctors are available in a variety of colors.
Share Your Experience
We hope you find this guide useful and relevant to your needs and expectations.
Tell us about your success and life hacks. Ask questions in the comments. Our content can and will be improved with your assistance should get better, thanks to you
Ask a Question
About this article
Last updated: October 28, 2020